Thursday 30 December 2010

2010 last thoughts, looking forward by learning from our past


Starting now to wonder what the next year will bring, also thinking why do I only truly reflect at the turn of a year.

I tend to think about what has been achieved personally and professionally about this time each year and think ahead to what I hope to achieve again next year, but why now? After all it's only the changing of days, no real significance to the new year as a bookmark in my life or anything.

So I think next year will become the beginning of a era of constant strive and reflection, taking what I most recently learned and implementing the improvements there and then. We do this generally anyway, but more skin to the reflective thought process that is occurring now and not the quick absent thoughts it can receive the rest of the 362 ish days that the process normally gets.

I will begin, unsurprisingly, with looking closer to the land for inspiration, foraging more and getting the family involved (good excuse for a nice Sunday walk) trying to recall the names and uses for the many varieties of green that we absently pass each and every day, and taking this back into the kitchen and utilising natures bounty as and when the whim takes me.

The start of this education will of course begin at Noma at the end of January, but also hope to get some time in kent eventually with forager Miles Irving, who's company I hope to start working with in january.

I don't intend to leave the other ideas gathering dust, I will not be able to turn my workplace into a 23 course foraged heaven, my customers simply wouldn't understand, and I personally like great garnishing to accompany the meat and fish I very much love to cook. I hope to achieve a greater balance of dishes from all the avenues I have at my disposal.

And now with more portable, quicker technology at my disposal, aim to increase the post count exponentially without simply diluting the content, so that there will be greater reason to frequent.





Wishing all of you a very prosperous new year

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad from wherever I may be at the time

No comments:

Post a Comment