Sunday 25 October 2009

Agar clarified Apple juice, first dessert.

Time to put the clarified Apple juice into its first use…



Simple but flavoursome, completely clear and colourless Jelly.




I had an idea to play with the classic combination of Apple and Blackberry Pie and Custard and pulling all the components apart and ‘playing’ with all the pieces of the puzzle…..





Agar clarified Apple juice Jelly
Poached Apple balls, warm
Granny Smith infused Granny Smith ball
Bramley Apple puree
Pan roasted Blackberries
Blackberry reverse spherification, ‘ravioli’
Walnut crumble cubes and crumbs
Vanilla Custard Cremeaux
Apple Pie Ice-Cream
Apple tuille


I’m quite happy with how the puzzle came together, different textures, temperatures, tastes and techniques.
Maybe now after my head has cleared from my bike crash I might see it differently on Monday???
But several scraped clean plates on Friday make me think that it’s not just me…

No comments:

Post a Comment