Monday 12 October 2009

Restaurant show 2009, brochures and book signing with Ferran Adria

Such a long time since I went to a catering trade show
never really liked going to them
wonder why?



usually is a hot bed of new inspiration, seeing wonderful new ingredients



from solid innovative suppliers




Cresses from Koppert, new items are eye opening, can't wait to work with them

also a chance to see competition work from the future of our industry




junior chef class, risotto starter. duck main (pictured), seemed to be free dessert based around pear
on the whole some great dishes with minor details in each, judging would have been tough.




listening to the most innovative chef of our time, discuss a whole lot about timelines and on what was novelty and often feared then is now normality and commercial available



Ferran with vanilla oil


can't say I was happy that the Canterbury Goods shed chef was distracting Ferran for my pic


not sure what G said
 but our books are now signed, one more down on the Bucket list



but as I left I remembered why I dont usually like trade shows, and that is the vast pile of brochures for items that I will probably never use, too many sales people crammed into a small area with no way out without being rude, so with the brochure I will go.

looking forward to wading through the stuff I actually was interested in, being inspired with new knowledge and new email addresses so questions can be asked to the right people.

rest of the team get to go over the next couple of days, can't wait to see what they see from their perspective

as for me, Hotelympia next year, whether to compete or not??

No comments:

Post a Comment